FLOW Photofest 2021: LEGACY
COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED FOR ENTRIES
SHORTLISTED WORK WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON
WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN SEPTEMBER
Photography is often understood to have the unique capacity to preserve events and moments which the normal flow of time immediately replaces. These may be personal or political, local or global. While photographs can help us remember the past, they can also point to the future. We are interested in seeing photographic work that might document, question or reflect upon ideas of tradition, time & memory; the legacy of the current global pandemic; as well as the technological processes of photography – digital or chemical. We are interested in seeing photographic work that might explore this theme across many areas ….
WHAT CAN I WIN?
- 1 winning image will be selected to receive a grand prize of £500
- 1 winning photographer will be selected to produce work for FLOW Photofest 2023 (commission fee to be confirmed)
- 1 winning photographer will be invited to exhibit on the FLOW Photofest Wall at Eden Court, Inverness during 2022 (subject to any restrictions that may apply)
- 10 selected images will be printed, framed and exhibited as part of the Festival Program from September 4th – October 3rd, 2021(subject to any restrictions that may apply)
- ALL shortlisted photographers will feature in FLOW Photofest’s 2021 online gallery as part of the Festival Program
WHO CAN ENTER?
- ALL photographers ages 18 and over
- From any area or country
HOW DO I ENTER?
- Complete the online entry form here. Note: you will need a Google account to enter
- Upload up to three images per submission (single image or thematic work is equally welcome)
- All submissions must be JPEG files at least 1800 pixels along the shortest edge, and no more than 4800 pixels along the longest edge (Images must be submitted digitally, so a scan of a slide or analog print may be necessary)
- Entry fee: £15 GBP per submission
- All entries must be received by midnight (GMT) Sunday June 27th 2021
The £15 submission fee charged is in aid of FLOW Photofest and directly contributes to the organisation and delivery of the Festival for the benefit of all participants. FLOW PhotoFest is a non-profit organisation.
FLOW PHOTOFEST AIMS TO PROTECT THE IMAGE RIGHTS OF PHOTOGRAPHERS
image above: a photograph from the series The Last Beekeeper by Indre Hilara